The Government allocates additional funding to schools each year aimed at improving the life chances and opportunities for pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), Looked After Children (LAC) and children from Service familes.
Data collected from schools each January is used to determine the amount of funding a school will receive.
For the 2016/17 financial year St Helen’s received funding amounting to £47,500.
We are using this funding to provide:
- Teaching Assistants who contribute additional support and specific interventions in classrooms
- Additional ‘out of class’ support for identified pupils
- Training for Teaching Assistants to deliver interventions and support
- The offer of free music tuition for pupils from Year 3 upwards who receive Pupil Premium funding
Inspired by the Olympic Games, the government allocates specific funding to promote and deliver sports to schools.
This academic year the school has been allocated £9515. This funding has made it possible for the school to appoint a full time sports coach who will:
- Deliver high quality P.E. provision across the school
- Support midday supervisory staff and our Sports Captains in activities to promote P.E. at lunchtime
- Strategically manage the large number of clubs the school runs